Discover the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta
Discover the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta in Navarre
Kingdon of Navarre Land of Diversity and great contrasts. We can appreciate one of these contrasts in the various rural carnivals that are held in different locations in the north of the community.
Every year, on Monday and Tuesday after the last Sunday of the month of January, carnivals of an atavistic nature related to the land, livelihoods such as livestock or agriculture and customs of the people are held in the north of Navarra.
In the area known as Malerreka or Alto Bidasoa the first known carnivals of Navarra are celebrated, specifically in the townsof Ituren and Zubieta.
Vivid colors, ancestral dances, and rites of a magical nature differentiate these carnivals from those in the south of the community, perhaps of a more urban and contemporary nature.
The different characters stand out as; the Bear or Hartza, the beasts or the rams but without any doubt the main characters are the Joaldunak that with their characteristic costume and their vibrant cowbells make it a unique festival.
We have created an experience that will allow you to know first hand all the details of this curious carnival, and as a highlight of this experience you can meet its true protagonists (Joaldunak), participating with them at lunch before their parade.
Live The Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta
Know and live with someone who knows ...
Tradiciones and Fiestasinvites you to live one of the most unique celebrations of many that take place in Northern Spain. Discoverthe Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta.
You can make the reservation and choose our proposal to see and learn from the inside the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta with our expert local guide.
We offer youtwo options; day 27th or day 28th, at your convenience.
We offer you:
Experience Discover the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta
Discover the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta from the inside, accompanied by a local guide.
Details Carnivals Ituren and Zubieta Experience
You have the opportunity to live the Carnivals of Ituren and Zubieta in a unique way, by the hand of an expert host in this festival.
Be guided by an expert in this Festival, he will be your host during the different carnivals that we propose here.
Monday 25/01 CARNIVAL OF ITUREN
- 09: 00h Reception at the meeting point and guided tour with Local Guide to know all the details of this carnival and its characters.
Later: Lunch and talk with the Joaldunak of Ituren. Then we see how they get ready for the parade Carnival parade and we continue to know details of this carnival while we accompany the Joaldunak throughout the tour.
Duration: 6 hours approximately
Tuesday 26/01 CARNIVAL OF ZUBIETA
09: 00h Reception at the meeting point and guided tour with Local Guide to know all the details of this carnival and its characters.
Later: Lunch and talk with the Joaldunak of Ituren. Then we see how they prepare for the parade. Carnival parade and we continue to know details of this carnival while we accompany the Joaldunak throughout the tour.
Duration: 6 hours approximately
- You can reserve your placefor yourselforwith your group of friends.
- The price is the same. If you come alone, you will join the group to enjoy the experience.
- To carry out theactivity you need aminimum of 6 people and a maximum of 14.
- If a minimum group of 6 peopleis not completed the experience will not be carried out and we will refund the money.
- – Guided tour of Ituren and Zubieta (according to the day of attendance).
- – Lunch with Joaldunak. aldunak.
- – Tour guide.
- – Local Tour guide.
- – Transportation
- – Personal expenses.
- – Any extra not specified as it includes.
Guided, PERSONAL andEXCLUSIVEvisit:
- They are personaland exclusive guided tours up to a maximum of 14 people per guide.
- You make sure you know and live one of the most characteristic rural carnivalsin Navarra.
- You will avoid getting a wrong idea.
- You will notmiss any details.
- Youwill livethe essence of these ancestral carnivals.
- You will know all itshistory, its main characters and the most curious secrets. When accompanied by our Navarre guide, you will have privileged information , provided by our local Cicerone.
- You will see that the money invested is not much considering the unique experience.